Some of the many fun fair activities are especially created for KIDS!!! This includes contests, entertainment, and animals!
Don’t forget – 4-H Rocket Demonstration at the Grandstand, 9 a.m., Friday, July 12 – Come join the fun!
PEDAL TRACTOR PULL Saturday and Wednesday – See Pedal Tractor Pull Rules
BABY PERSONALITY CONTEST SUNDAY, July 7, Farm Bureau Building, $5 Entry Fee – See the Baby Contest Information.
Please do NOT arrive too early, as the building is not air conditioned. Note times for each age class.
The CHILDREN’S BAKING CONTEST registration starts at 5pm on Thursday, July 11 – See the Baking Contest website for more information.
KIDS DAY ACTIVITIES – WEDNESDAY, JULY 10
10 a.m. Adventure Day Carnival – David Boll Theatre – Clover Buds and Mini 4-H
Noon – 10 p.m. Lil Hands on the Farm open
Noon – 10 p.m. 4-H Community & Family Arts Buildings Open
Noon (All day) Midway Opens – Kids Day $12.00 bracelets until 10 pm
1 p.m. Lil’ Wrangler – Sheep Show (Kindergardeners, 1st & 2nd graders) – Pavilion
1 p.m. Registration for Pedal Tractor Pull – Near Farm Bureau Bldg
2 p.m. Pedal Tractor Pull– East of Farm Bureau Building –
8 p.m. Easterling Magic Show – Farm Bureau
LIL’ WRANGLER SHOWS: For children who will enter or have completed kindergarten, first or second grade. They must borrow animals which are already on the fairgrounds (and have been vet checked) from 4-Her’s or open class exhibitors. No judging will occur, just participation. Registration approximately 30 min. prior to the show will be required, including a signed parental/guardian consent and waiver of liability. A nominal fee of $3 will be charged. We will also have advance registration in the Fair Office starting the first Friday of the fair.
Beef, Dairy Beef & Starter Calf: Thursday, July 11, 12:30 p.m. – Pavilion
Dairy: Thursday, July 11, 10 a.m. – Pavilion
Goats: Saturday, July 6 at 9 a.m. – Pavilion
Horses: Friday, July 12, 6:30 p.m. – Horse & Pony Arena
Poultry: Friday, July 5 at 8:30 a.m. – Pavilion
Rabbits: Sunday July 7 at 12:30 p.m. – Pavilion
Sheep: Wednesday, July 10, at 12:00 p.m. – Pavilion
Swine: Monday, July 8 at 1 p.m. – Pavilion
LITTLE MISS & MISTER CONTEST
Saturday, July 6, 2019, $5 Entry Fee Little Miss & Mister Entry Form
Interview — 1 p.m. at Gazebo next to David Boll Theatre; Public Contest — 5 p.m. David Boll Theatre
- Each contestant must be at least 5 years of age and cannot have reached his or her 8th birthday before Sept. 1, 2019.
- The contestant must reside in Bartholomew County.
- Any contestant who has performed or competed on the professional level (for monetary gain) in anything other than amateur contests will be considered ineligible for this contest. No previous winners eligible. Each contestant will be judged separately.
- At the interview, each contestant will receive a T-shirt to be worn with khaki/tan shorts to the Public Contest.
- Each contestant will have a 2-minute interview with the judges. Interview and rehearsal times will be scheduled following registration. Someone from the committee will call you with the time.
- Judging will be divided into two divisions:
Division 1 — Interview; Based on conduct, personality, attentiveness and response to questions.
Division 2 — Public Contest; Based on poise, personality and overall presentation.
- Registration fee of $5 must accompany the registration form by July 1, 2019. No late entries accepted.