Some of the many fun fair activities are especially created for KIDS!!! This includes contests, entertainment, and animals!
New this year – 4-H Rocket Demonstration at the Grandstand, 9 a.m., Friday, July 12 – Come join the fun!
‘JACK AND JILL’ PAGEANT - RIGHT FROM A FAIRY TALE STORY BOOK (HINT!) Sunday July 7, 2013 1 p.m. Southside Auditorium—Check-in 12:30 p.m., $5 fee
Class 1: 2 year olds Class 1: 2 year olds
Class 2: 3 year olds Class 2: 3 year olds
Class 3: 4 year olds Class 3: 4 year olds
- All contestants must be residents of Bartholomew County.
- All entrants must be pre-registered by midnight, Thursday, July 5, 2012.
- $5.00 fee—cash, check or money order made payable to the Bartholomew County 4-H Fair is due with the registration form. No late entries will be accepted.
- Can register at the Fair Office or send in entry form from Fairbook.
- Placement of age group will be based on contestant’s age on July 8, 2012. Girl and boy classes will alternate.
- Contestants will be judged on originality of outfit, cuteness and personality.
- An honor group will be selected in each class and prizes awarded to the Queen and King, 1st and 2nd runner-up.
- All participants must abide by the guidelines set up by the Fair Board Committee.
To register, complete this form: Jack & Jill Contest Rules & Registration 2013
LITTLE MISS & MISTER CONTEST
Sunday, July 7, 2013 $5 Entry Fee must accompany registration form by July 4, 2013
Interview—1:00 p.m. at Southside Elementary Public Contest—7:00 p.m.— Southside Auditorium
Committee Members: Debbie Phillips 342-6415 Cherie Trimpe (812) 522-1991
- Each contestant must be at least 5 years of age and can NOT have reached his or her 8th birthday before September 1, 2013.
- Each contestant will be judged separately.
- The contestant must be an Indiana resident and must reside in Bartholomew County.
- Any contestant who has performed or competed on the professional level (for monetary gain) in anything other than amateur contests will be considered ineligible for this contest. Also, no previous winners eligible.
- At the interview, each contestant will receive a t-shirt to be worn with khaki/tan shorts to the Public Contest.
- Each contestant will have a 2-minute interview with the judges. Interview and rehearsal times will be scheduled following registration.
- Judging will be divided into two divisions: Division 1—Interview 1:00 p.m.—Southside Elementary Based on conduct, personality, attentiveness and response to questions Division 2—Public Contest 7:00 p.m.—Southside Auditorium – Based on poise, personality, and overall presentation.
To register, complete this form: Little Miss & Mister Contest Rules & Registration 2013
KIDS DAY ACTIVITIES – WEDNESDAY, JULY 10
10 a.m. Kids Carnival – David Boll Theatre
Noon – 10 p.m. Lil Hands on the Farm open
Noon – 10 p.m. 4-H Community & Family Arts Buildings Open
Noon – 10 p.m. Midway Opens – Kids Day $12.00 bracelets until 10 pm
1 p.m. 4-H Robotics – David Boll Theatre
1 p.m. Registration for Pedal Tractor Pull – Near Farm Bureau Bldg
2 p.m. Pedal Tractor Pull– East of Farm Bureau Building – Rules & Information
3 p.m. Lil’ Wrangler – Sheep Show (Kindergardeners, 1st & 2nd graders) – Pavilion
3 p.m. 4-H Blacksmithing – David Boll Theatre
5 p.m. 4-H Hippology (Study of Horses!) - David Boll Theatre
8 p.m. Easterling Magic Show – Farm Bureau
The Children’s Baking Contest registration starts at 5pm on Thursday, July 12 – See the Baking Contest website for more information.
4-H FAIR PRINCESS- SATURDAY, JUNE 22, FAMILY ARTS BUILDING
Sponsored by: Helpful Homemakers Extension Club Bartholomew County 4-H Family Arts Building – 5:00 p.m. Saturday, June 22, 2013
Official Rules & Regulations:
- Each contestant must be at least 12 years of age and cannot have had her 16th birthday as of June 1, 2013.
- The contestant must be a resident of Bartholomew County.
- Interviews will be held prior to the Princess Contest. Individual times will be determined and a call made to confirm the interview time.
- The contestants will be judged on the basis of beauty, poise and personality in the competition. This judging is divided into four divisions.
The Princess will reign over the Bartholomew County 4-H Fair July 5-13, 2013.
Each contestant must be an active member of at least one worthwhile organization in her community, such as church groups, 4-H, Girl Scouts, etc. Eligibility is not limited to 4-H. There will be a $10 entry fee for each contestant.
Please mail Princess Entry form and $10 money order or cash to:
Kelly Thayer, 9175 E. 800 N. Hope, IN 47246, (812) 343-5564 by June 18, 2013
For more information and registration form, see the 4-H Fair Princess Form.
BABY PERSONALITY CONTEST SATURDAY, June 22, 2013 Family Arts Building, $5 Entry Fee – See the Baby Contest website for more information.
LIL’ WRANGLER SHOWS: For children who will enter or have completed kindergarten, first or second grade. They must borrow animals which are already on the fairgrounds (and have been vet checked) from 4-Her’s or open class exhibitors. No judging will occur, just participation. Registration approximately 30 min. prior to the show will be required, including a signed parental/guardian consent and waiver of liability. A nominal fee of $3 will be charged. We will also have advance registration in the Fair Office starting the first Friday of the fair.
Beef, Dairy Beef & Starter Calf: Thursday, July 11, 1 p.m. – Pavilion
Dairy: Saturday, July 6, 9 a.m. – Pavilion
Goats: Saturday, July 6 at 12:30 p.m. – Pavilion
Horses: Friday, July 12, 6 p.m. – Horse & Pony Arena
Poultry: Friday, July 5 at 8:30 a.m. – Pavilion
Rabbits: Sunday July 7 at 1:30 p.m. – Pavilion
Sheep: Wednesday, July 10, at 3 p.m. – Pavilion
Swine: Monday, July 8 at 1 p.m. – Pavilion